Thursday, January 28, 2010

What I spend a lot of my day doing....



READING    READING     READING

I think my husband  almost fell over dead when I started to get into photography.  I don't think he has ever seen me read so much!  I go to the library at least twice a week.

When God first talked with me about picking up my camera and learning more, I completely dove into reading.  I came home from the library that week with 9-10 books on exposure, lighting, the negative... I read at least a book a day (shh they have a lot of pictures)!  I couldn't get enough and still can't.

This past week I think I put an order in at the Cleveland Library for every book on Lightroom ( it's editing software) that I possible could. If you wanted one I am truly sorry....you are just going to have to wait.  Now if the Cleveland Library doesn't have it they will find it in another library, which is awesome for me, bad for you because I think I took out every book on Lightroom within at least a 50 mile radius of Cleveland!


In addition to books I also read photography blogs...a lot.  My pastor talked about balance in church this past week....and God convicted me just a little. He didn't swing down a mallet he just gently reminded me of Him.  So I am cutting back just a little. 

This picture also describes me right now


Wow is it hard to find balloons in the dead of winter (so yes not the best shot).

You know when you let a balloon go and it takes off up into the sky?  Many days I just want my dreams of my photography business to be reality...I want to take off...and fly.  Waiting...waiting is very humbling and focuses me right back on God. Faith pulls me through each day.  Because only He can do this not me.

Sometimes I get a little deflated in the waiting. I set my eyes too much on the end and don't realize what's happening right in front of me.

and sometimes like an overinflated balloon, I fill up with everything I have learned all day and explode as soon as Matt walks in the door.  A big ball of stored up energy hits him with "Guess what I learned today?" There are some days when I try to tell him everything before he even gets his shoes off.

With my mind set on starting a business it's easy for me to only see myself.
This has been my prayer lately- that I will take my eyes off of myself and onto God  and then onto others.

That is what this business is supposed to be about anyway: blessing others not me.  To bring life....to show beauty...and to fill others with the joy that only comes from heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment