Friday, January 8, 2010

Over the River and through the Woods

From the city of Cleveland back to the rolling snow covered hills of Northern New Jersey. Yes, there are some parts of New Jersey that are absolutely beautiful, unfortunately I have no proof.

Here is just a small recap of Christmas back in our hometowns.


Both Matt's mom and my mom do an amazing job decorating and baking around the holidays! Their houses look like they came our of a catalog and there cooking is so much better than Martha Stewarts- actually I have no proof of that either, but let's just say they are really GOOD!
Do you see the little white envelope underneath the tree? That is for me...and... it's LIGHTROOM!!!

One of my favorite times at Christmas is reading Christmas Stories. My favorite- The Polar Express.

Present Time!!! Matt's up FirstThis game is all about persuasion- He is going to win every time
Grandmom V
Grandmom P
And this is one of my favorite photos. This Christmas we gave both sets of parents a wedding album that we personally made for them on Shutterfly. They turned out beautifully. I wish I had a shot of my parent opening the book.Now this post is missing a few people. Britt and Katie- I only took one pic (beginning photographers never take just one picture) and you will be glad I didn't post them. The picture does not show off your true beauty.
And...I forgot something when we traveled to my Grandparents on Christmas night...ummm...I forgot MY CAMERA!!!! How could I do this I just do not know, but I missed capturing Christmas with my family and extended family! CJ you are lucky this year, but next year I will not forget my camera and then it's war hehehe. Don't worry I love him.




I had to sneak these in too because it was our First Christmas!!! Here we have picked our very own Christmas tree!!

Many people giggle when I put his hat on, but I love it!!! It's got everything a winter hat should have- it doesn't give me hat hair, POM POM, hand knit with love, and it has a rim on the front to bring me into style. Thank you Goodwill!Matt did a scavenger hunt for me this Christmas!! One of the clues was= where you first said yes to me- well that was 6 years ago when he asked me to go to Homecoming with him. I almost fell over I was so shocked. Where did that happen? In the basement of our hometown church. He had me searching all over the apartment and almost 5 floors down in our building until I found my favorite ornament on our tree.

I had a wonderful Christmas. I am so thankful to God for the families that have raised and surround Matt and I. I was blessed in so many ways, but the best Christmas present was spending it with Matt. Merry Christmas Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I love your hat! I'm getting ready to post christmas photos on facebook and I know I have a few good ones of mom and dad opening the photo book you gave them.

    ReplyDelete