Monday, January 11, 2010

BBBRRRRR!!!!!

It has been snowing almost constantly in Cleveland for about a week and a half.  Matt and I decided to go take a look at how the lake was freezing up.  Remember this?


Now take a look!!!
Isn't it incredible!
We had so much fun playing on the ice, but to get here was no easy task.  We had to climb across an icy snow covered jetty.  Matt did it very gracefully with only one slip. I, on the other hand, went on all fours was covered in snow up to my thighs, and I looked like that scene in Bambi when Bambi is trying to skate on a frozen pond.  I know I got a good laugh out of it all and I am sure many other spectators did too.
But it was so worth it!!! Take a look!
This is underneath a fisherman's bridge
The ice was 3 inches thick at least
I am surprised I got such a serious shot considering Matt was laughing at me slipping all over the ice. I was trying to get in the right position to capture the right angle.  I was grabbing onto icicles trying to catch my fall.  A lot of good they did.  I was left almost on my bum with a three foot icicle in hand.





Matt is just a touch out of focus, but I had to show you how much ice there really was
This is the water!

I had so much fun but I think I pulled some muscles, but it was worth the laughter and pics.



1 comment:

  1. These are the most amazing photographs!! Not just this set but all of them. This blog pops up on my Facebook wall every once in a while and I love looking at all these photos. God has definitly blessed you with an amazing talent and a loving heart! May he continue to bless you and Matt and your business!

    ReplyDelete