Monday, March 15, 2010

Lobster Tail!!!

I used to have thoughts of becoming a cake decorator like the ones on the show Cake Boss...until I attempted my first cake.  Let's just say it was a complete disaster!! I think their was more icing than cake in the end and my gingerbread cake house leaned like the Tower of Pisa.  Only moments into the cake building process was I yelling, "Matt...hurry!!!!!Come Here HURRY!!!" He found me basically hugging the cake trying to keep everything together! Parts crumbled to the floor.  My art studio sculpting skills from college were not helping.

I have not completely given up on cakes, but my dreams have dwindled and at the moment I am dreading making a cake for Matt's birthday.

...but this post is about lobster tails a pastry I first caught a glimpse of on a Cake Boss episode.  And I have wanted one ever since!!!

Take a look at how big they are!!!!

Flaky, crispy, and stuffed with a custard whip cream combo---Oh so good.

Jenna and I split one in Boston and we were both heavenly stuffed ... moments later feeling a little sick from so much delicious cream.

Jenna trying to get it into her mouth.

My attempted shots of other goodies within the bakery, which was so full that the end of the line went well onto the street.  All crammed together, many were trying to decide which pastry to get, but I knew exactly what I wanted.

There they are!

 and I can't forget the Boston cream pie, but that will have to wait until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment