Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Splish Splash

Sometimes I wonder how I and the floor end up soaked whenever I am around a sink.  I wash my face...puddle everywhere and I think more water runs up (or is that down?) my arms.  I wash dishes at the sink and water floods the counter top soaking my shirt, dripping down the cabinets and onto my socks.  Everything ends up soaked!

After talking to my mom yesterday, I think I understand why...

When I was little I was a little fish.  I loved water!! If I could have been any animal; it would have been a dolphin! The only time I think I really purposefully disobeyed my parents was when I had to get out of the pool.

During the winter, when I couldn't play in the puddles, I would put on my raincoat and boots and ask mom if she could fill up the sink. Mom would pull out a stool to stand on, and cover the floor and counters in towels before she began filling the sink because everything was going to get wet.
Moms note: this is a great way to not only clean dishes, but to clean your child as well, oh and it's a lot of fun!

BUBBBLES were added lots and lots of bubbles!!!!!
I would giggle with joy as mom plopped floating and sinking objects into the sink!!!

Thanks mom for being so creative, but now I need to put on my raincoat and boots before I wash the dishes!


Mom note number 2:  have lots of towels and one extra for your little one!


No comments:

Post a Comment