Friday, February 26, 2010

Never Never Let It Cool

It's snowing!! Actually, this isn't unusual for Cleveland and I probably say this every morning.  But did I ever tell you how much I LOVE the snow? I think it is beautiful and I like walking around or playing in it too, but today was not one of those days.  Soft big flakes falling down turned into small pellets flying parallel to the pavement...it's a blizzard.  I took ten steps out the door...

turned around and ran back inside.
Sorry scarf and mittens but today is just too windy



If you are having a day like this...here is something tasty to warm you right up.

I am going to unpack my oh so complicated wonderful HOT CHOCOLATE...very very kid friendly with vitamins too. Could hot chocolate really get that good?

Here is what you will need...
Milk and Ovaltine are the staples.  I don't use the packaged hot chocolate...yuk.  Ovaltine give a rich and creamy taste and it has vitamins moms!! Oh, and please don't use water..yuk...choose to strengthen your bones.

The Hershey kisses and whip cream are extras just for today, well actually the dark Hershey kisses are for everyday, but dark chocolate has antioxidants!!

Warm the milk and add at least 4 spoonfuls of Ovaltine.  I added I think 5 or 6.  Stir.  Add your dollop of whip cream and enjoy!!


I like it really chocolaty, so I plopped a kiss on top!


 
( Please ignore the ugly watermark on the bottom of the images.  I am still learning my editing software) 


Now that you are sipping your rich creamy hot chocolate be sure to listen to the HOT CHOCOLATE song from the Polar Express!


3 comments:

  1. You draw me in...the combination of photos and story-like quality in your little piece about hot chocolate is enough to make me want to try it exactly the way you said it should be! Wow - you are convincing enough to go into sales! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get me some ovaltine, I have never had it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cassie--
    I just look through almost all of your posts. Your photography is beautiful!! I miss you lots. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete