Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Little Displaced

Everything within me longs to be surrounded by the Beauty of God's creation. I feel so at peace climbing through the woods, jumping rocks, listening to the wind blow through the trees or whistle past the waves on the beach. I feel alive and free at the top of a mountain as well as at sea level starring to the ends of the earth past the waters.

I am a country barefoot loving girl who presently finds herself here:
Welcome to Cleveland Ohio. Welcome to not just Cleveland, but the very heart of the city...Downtown.
I now walk, with shoes on, through a forest of people that rush about across the streets not looking for a smile or conversation, but for the walk sign. I have learned that it is almost impossible to talk on the phone when outdoors, the beeping trolley, the sirens, or the crazy strong winds of Cleveland are bound to disrupt cellphone conversation.
The only animal in sight is a seagull or pigeon.
Moccasins, oh so comfortable, but they do not fare well when walking block after block
And...I ride my bike on the sidewalk. Why? Because I prefer to dodge pedestrians than take my chances in the beeping traffic. I don't know how others do it, but for an uncoordinated bike rider I stick to the sidewalk ...and yes I still wear my helmet. Someone should take a picture of that.
WELCOME to my life of new beginnings.
If you stick around you will read stories of being a displaced country girl and watch my journey towards becoming a photographer.



No comments:

Post a Comment