Monday, April 5, 2010

Making Salsa in a Jeep

Welcome to our Jeep. 

It is ruggedly beautiful! Sometimes having one car complicates things, but sometimes I secretly love it because that means more time spent driving with my husband or getting some time to simply walk.

So we started our day early...him needing to get to work...and me needing to tag along for an after work picnic.  Problem one- our refrigerator was empty the night before and I need to bring a side dish.  Problem two-I will be in the car all day.

Problem solved!

Recipe: Tess's Corn and Bean Salsa Trunk Style

1 cutting board
1 knife
1 bowl with lid
1 can opener- I forgot this one
cooler of water to rinse hands and cans


2 cans petite diced tomatoes (drain)
1 can white corn (drain and rinse)
2 cans black beans (drain and rinse)
1/2 red onion
1/2 bunch cilantro
2T red wine vinegar
1 T olive oil 
2 limes 

I prepared the red wine vinegar and oil in advance.

So Good and so Healthy!
 Normally squeezing these is Mat's job because I honestly can't- that weak I know. That is the problem when you grow up playing no hand eye coordination sports.  Yes I throw like a girl, I can't do a pull up without a chair, and I can hardly squeeze a lime, but God gave me some favor on this special day.  Look I destroyed it!


...and the FINALE!  Eat by spoonfuls or with tortilla chips.

There you have it...cooking out of a trunk! Enjoy!

Don't worry this isn't turning into a cooking blog, but I do love to cook.  Now that it is warmer more photo shoots to come.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, but if it was a cooking blog, I would read it just as often and with just as much enthusiasm!!! I LOVE to cook and bake - everything about it is wonderful. Love, love, love!!

    ReplyDelete