Friday, April 9, 2010

Great Movie!!!

I had the best Elementary Mentor Teacher during my student teaching experience!  Claudia absolutely loves children and they love her in return.  She is one of those teachers that you go back and visit when you are teenager; her students think she is that cool! Side note: for those that may not know me, I still have a passion to become a teacher, but I also have one to be a children's photographer. The best part is that in both fields I get to be creative and work with children. And I know that God has all of my dreams and His all worked out in his timing!
Back to Claudia....Her passion for learning and excitement is so contagious. So, when she told me that I had to see Planet Earth...I knew it must be good. 
A little overdue, but my husband and I just watched the first disc of Planet Earth and it is AMAZING! Amazing as in you have to see it! It doesn't matter what age you are.  This movie is so cool.

I won't give too much away, but here were some moments that made me laugh so hard:
  • Baby Elephants, blinded by  sandstorm, were walking head first into trees repeatedly
  • Birds whip lashing their heads back and forth and dancing jigs to attract a mate- you really won't believe this till you see it!
  • Surfing Seals
  • and my favorite: monkeys wading through water with such soar faces on because they were getting wet. Holding their hands up in the air as if they just had their nails painted!
It is really very good and I am going to stop here before I say to much.  Definitely a must see!

2 comments:

  1. All of my Hope girls and I watched Planet Earth in our apartment frequently...and people would come over and watch it with us...the dancing birds were my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just added this to my netflix queue! Everyone now is talking about the one that oprah narrates called "Life" But is is on discovery, so we'll have to wait for the DVD.

    ReplyDelete