Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Merry Christmas from the Plummer's


It's our first Christmas and first Christmas Card ever and that means it is bound to improve.
One day before I went to make this Christmas card ahhhhhh my trial version of Lightroom expired---another words my editing software!!!
I had to use Gimp and a Raw Image Converter that are absolutely impossible! Why is it that in Gimp once you move something it is stuck!!! I tried to move a highlighted star and it dragged a line all the way across the picture as I click click clicked one by one the arrow key all the way across the layer. Oh and don't even get me started on layers!! So frustrating! I worked on it all day and I know it is not as professional as it could be, but folks it's the best we could do this year without Lightroom to edit the picture or Photoshop. Yes, there were other options like Snapfish or shutterfly, but I really wanted to make our first Christmas Card all by my very lone self and with of course Matt's approval.

Now after going through all of this you would think I would have wished I used a company to make the card and have saved myself tears sweat and almost blood as I got angry with the computer( yes God I will try to work on that anger and frustratoin part this year, but I am just being honest). But if you know me, you would understand how I love to be creative. I wouldn't be satisfied with any of the FREE (of course) christmas templates that you can insert your photo. Plus, I like a good challenge!

So here it is... and Merry Christmas!!!! Wait until you hear the story of how we took this picture!





1 comment:

  1. Okay - I'm waiting, and excited to hear the story on the photo! Reading your blog makes me want to dance for sheer excitement at life...! You're such a joy. :)

    ReplyDelete