Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Streets of Kathmandu: The Market | Traveling Photographer-Nepal

We crossed the street in Kathmandu to get there...it was so worth almost getting hit by a honking motor cyclist, decorated bus, and few bicycles.  Luckily this time there were no goats or yaks to cross our path.

Fresh hanging bananas, peppers in baskets, spices,  vegetables, exotic fruits....it was one of those heavenly sung "ahhhh" moments.

Welcome to the Kathmandu Market...
Isn't it beautiful?
I was absolutely beside myself.  Matt had to save me a few times from bumping into the locals and a few motorcyclists, as I was completely enveloped in my surroundings and wanting to capture it all.
Up on top a roof overlooking the ancient temples, a man stuffed pillows.
I could have stayed for days.  It was so colorful and full of life.  I wanted to sit in their shops and talk, but all I knew was a simple, "Namaste( the Nepali word for hello, which means I greet the god within you)" and smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment