Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Detox

We started the detox on Sunday morning, me thinking eh no big deal.  Haha was I in for a surprise! I really thought it would be easy.  Matt and I have gone with out food completely for even longer periods of time.  No, it was not painless, but it has been done.  So 5 days on fruits vegetables and some eggs, fish, and nuts should be a walk in the park, right?  

I mean, Matt and I eat very healthy, anyway.  We eat mostly whole grains, fish once a week, a good amount of fruits and vegetables, almost everything is fresh (meaning not a lot of cannned foods)  and we rarely have dessert or junk food in the house.  We probably stop at a fast food place twice a year!  We still thought it was a good idea to cleanse our bodies of anything unhealthy.

So we are on day 3.  Yesterday, I was begging God to make it day 5 in the blink of an eye.  Mom don't worry we are okay just a little shaky and woozy. Oh, and tired.  I wake up in the morning and feel like I need a nap an hour later!  

However, today is getting better and I am feeling a little more positive as the day goes on.

Our meals are very pretty looking...

Fresh fruits and veggies, organic eggs...we had salmon and guacamole last night (without the chips or salt)


While we are eating some protein we are sticking mostly to fruits and vegetables...and a lot of water.
Have you ever detoxed before?  What was it like for you?  What did you eat/drink?

No comments:

Post a Comment