Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Strawberry Pie

Strawberries...mmmm...doesn't that just say SUMMER SUMMER SUMMER.

I have been craving strawberry pie for days...funny thing is I don't know if I have ever had strawberry pie!  But how can you go wrong with strawberries, a little sugar, and my mom's famous pie crust.  I had two problems though...  only 1 cup flour, no strawberries, no car, a really big bridge, and a bike that only functions on gear 7!!  But I really wanted strawberry pie.
Obviously, I made it to the store and back.  I don't know if it was the sack of flour, the messed up bike, or just the shear incline of the bridge, but I returned home soaked with an occasional wobble of the legs. Good news is the ice cream I had to have on top of the pie didn't melt in my back pack!

Funny note: A man in the elevator asked if I was the one who smelled so good.  I assured him it was not me as I wiped the sweat out of my eyes.  He asked again as we both sniffed in that delicious vanilla scent- you know the one I am talking about.  Once again I told him, " It is definitely not me."

Well, here it is ready for the oven!  

Mmm! I can smell it baking!  

I will let you know if it tops the workout to get the ingredients and the mess it left behind.

2 comments:

  1. Love hearing about your adventures, especially with the amazing photos. keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was delicious! I've never had strawberry pie before, thanks for introducing me! - Margaret

    ReplyDelete