Thursday, July 1, 2010

Camping in the Mountains (Ohio Family Photographer)

It was literally a roller coaster of mountains to get to our camp site deep in the heart of Pennsylvania.  We tented at 11:00 pm and awoke just steps from a beautiful lake-front view surrounded by mountains.  Did I take a pic?  Whoops! We hiked through the mountains which semi-defeated us as we detoured from the trail tired and really sweaty.  Pic? Nope.  I know what a photographer I am. 

I did catch this...Katie found a bubble wand in our Jeep!


Yup that's right we grilled pizza over a campfire! We camped at a primitive site, I mean you had to pump water out of a spicket and walk/ fall down a hill to the hole in the ground potty. When it came to food though, we ate in style.  Omelets and pastries ( cinnamon rolls, blueberry muffins, strawberry bread mmmmm) for breakfast with sides of sausage and Pork Roll (never heard of it? It is the most amazing breakfast meat, but it's only made on the East Coast).  Just your classic PB&J, bagels (only authentically made on East Coast) and cream cheese.  Then there was dinner.  We had southwestern salad, spanish rice, and BBQ chicken hot of the fire.  Oh and pizza too.
Bpop was a little tired by the end of the trip.
We all were.


and then the real adventure started....the ride home

2 comments:

  1. I MADE IT ON THE BLOG!!!!!!!!!
    1. i cant say I knew this picture was taken bc I had no idea and 2. the picture of the lake is beautiful

    ReplyDelete